Allow your wood goods to last for years and develop beautiful and authentic patina.
- Coat entire piece with oil and or wax at least a few times a year. Let the oil/wax sit on the surface for a few minutes and then use a clean cloth and hand-buff until tacky feeling is gone.
- When using dry items, such as baked goods, on the surface we recommend using a damp cloth to wipe clean.
- If heavily soiled, make the entire board wet and soapy (don't submerge in water). Gently scrub clean and ensure to completely dry the wood with a towel right away. If not evenly moistened and dried right away undesirable results will occur.
- Undesirable results will come from using a dishwasher and submerging into water.
- There are many finishes that can be used. We recommend a mineral oil and beeswax combination (this is what we use on all of our wood products).
- There are also many oils that can be used that you may already have around your house. Coconut oil works great as does mineral oil, which is readily available at most pharmacies. Some suggest using olive oil, or vegetable oil - it is up to you!
- For a deeper clean cut a lemon in half and squeeze the juice onto the wood. Sprinkle some salt onto it and rub vigorously using the lemon like a 'scrub brush'.
- Coat wood with oil and or wax at least a few times a year. Let the oil/wax sit on the surface for a few minutes and then use a clean cloth and hand-buff until tacky feeling is gone.
- Use a damp cloth to clean
- Dishwasher safe
As always, please connect with us if you have any further questions.