We value and cherish our natural world and our future on this beautiful planet. We know we can enjoy beautiful design AND support nature. It doesn't have to be an either or. Supporting Rekindle allows us to create beautiful objects, support memorable experiences, while caring for the only planet we ALL call home.
When using beautiful objects that support the experiences with the people who are important to you, an emotional bond starts to grow; and when you love what you own you will care for it and not throw it away and replace it with something new. To ensure longevity with these objects, they need a simple design aesthetic. Many trends come and go, but with fewer design details an object will continue to look beautiful as trends and fads continually evolve.
Our Environmental Commitment:
- Our environmental commitment starts with providing the highest quality products possible - products that you will want to have in your life for as long as you and your loved ones live on this earth. We only create items that support experiences that have been tested by time. These experiences are based around the close interactions we share the people closest to us while in our homes.
- We only use natural materials that improve with age as they develop their own unique and authentic patina. These materials can be either recycled in current municipal recycling programs or are easily and safely biodegradable if there is no life left in them.
- We continue this philosophy with our packaging. Everything we use is 100% recyclable (primarily Kraft paper, corrugate, or easily recycled plastic caps on tubes) and much of our packaging is made from 70-100% recycled content.
- Not all wood is created equal. We only use domestic species of wood for our goods (sourced from Canada and the northern USA). We have chosen walnut and white oak for all of our offerings. Both of these wood choices are two of the best hardwoods available and are equally and uniquely beautiful. We never use stains and only support the natural beauty of the wood itself. Due to using domestic species of wood, the distance traveled from forest to our studio is minimized. The lumber also supports good harvesting practices in comparison to other exotic woods.
- The chosen wood finish we use on all of our goods is food safe, very durable, and does not require special respiratory equipment when being applied by our craftspeople. Check out the hard-oil/wax we use at Osmo.ca to learn more. This finish supports our belief in allowing wood to look and feel like wood. Many other finishes make wood look like plastic and don't allow the wood to breath or patina well.
- Our commitment to everyone is to have an ongoing improvement strategy that includes using our current knowledge of how to make the world a better place while continually learning, growing our knowledge, and adapting to up-to-date information ensuring we are doing everything we can so our world can be enjoyed for many future generations
One Tree Planted
Through our partnership with One Tree Planted, along with our customers we are supporting reforestation efforts all around the world.
One Tree Planted is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization based in Vermont, U.S. Reforestation focus areas include wildfire restoration, biodiversity and habitat expansion, agroforestry, food security and social impact, and watershed maintenance among others.
One Tree Planted works with a network of on-the-ground partners around the world to ensure that the most sensible mix of tree species are planted at the right time and in the best ways for optimal survival.
Please learn more about ONE TREE PLANTED here.
Know that every time you buy Rekindle goods, you are helping create a healthier world in which nature, wildlife, and humanity can thrive.